The course will take place in the city centre of Thessaloniki at Hotel Olympia (http://www.hotelolympia.gr) and also in other nearby facilities offered by supporters.
View Larger Map
- Accommodation at Hotel Olympia is not obligatory. It would be very nice if Greek (or Turkish) residents of Thessaloniki could host one Turkish (or Greek) student in their house for free.
- Each student who wishes to stay at Hotel Olympia may share his / her room with another student of the opposite language group (a Turk will stay with a Greek). In this way, students may have the opportunity to get to know each other better, and the cost of accommodation is reduced efficiently.
- Different classes will be formed according the language team (Turkish classes for the Greeks and Greek classes for the Turks) as well as the students’ abilities in each language.
Courses: Daily (except Sunday 12/8) from 16:00 to 19:00
- After the end of the each class, students of opposite language groups will work together in couples or teams and hold discussions on subjects that interest them. During these meetings, students are obliged to use one language (i.e., Greek) for first half of the meeting, and the opposite language (i.e., Turkish) for the second half of the meeting.
Meeting hours: Daily (except Sunday 12/8) from 19:30-21:00
- Film screenings, workshops and lectures with academics, activists and artists from both countries and Cyprus will also be part of the course. The schedule of these activities will be announced on the course’s web page.
Course fee: The course is offered for free and it is based on volunteer work and donations. There is a low registration fee though (40€) necessary to cover some expenses, like paper, a part of volunteer tickets and other administration expenses. The registration fee must be paid in cash on the first day of the course.
Accommodation (Hotel Olympia):
Room with one roommate: 25€/day (including breakfast)
Private room (for one person): 40€/day (including breakfast)
Unfortunately, it is not possible to offer accommodation at Hotel Olympia for free.
How to register & reserve a room
Please fill in the web form found here:
Donations are welcome indeed, as the action has a very low budget and it is independent of support from institutional and governmental funds
If you are a skilled teacher and would like to join the project as a volunteer, please contact us.